Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yoga


I love yoga! I have been practicing it for about a year. I love the stretching and they way my body reacts to it. For me, yoga is an art. It is not about just putting your body in crazy bends, but it also transforms you.....the practice itself.

I subscribe to the Yoga Journal magazine and I read an article in it that pretty much sums up how I feel. That article inspired this blog. The article was called The Art of Staying Young. It talks about how yoga keeps you young and pliable.....at any age. The more you practice the better you get and the better your form gets as you get older. This article also talked about serving other people is a great way to stay young. If you serve, the fulfillment of helping others is a rewarding one. There is so much work out in this world to be done that we don't need to focus on trivial little things. If you take care of others, you will be taken care of.
Another thing in this article that was mentioned hit the nail on the head for me. It talked about how we usually worry about when "X" happens, I'll be happy, when, when,when. Why not be happy now? Yoga teaches that you cannot base your life on contingencies. Things can change at any moment. EVERYTHING changes. Good times, bad times. It is all a wave in life. You have to ride it out. Appreciate everything....and relax, it is all good!

Yoga helps me keep myself in check. I just started learning this. I can't imagine how far it will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment