Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Creativity~ What I am Learning

As I go forward with trying to harness my inner creativity, I want to blog about what I am learning. One, to reiterate it into my hard head and to share with others. It is a hard journey, for me. I first have to get the idea of overnight "success" or "over repair" out of my head, but I think I am thinking to heavily into this. But that is my battle, a rare one at that.

I learn that buying into a limited definition of creativity prevents many from appreciating their own potential. Just because you will never be the next Al Pacino, JLo or Vera Wang, does not mean that you can't harness your ideas generating powers that make your own life your masterpiece. You don't have to be a Picasso, Mozart or Einstein. Anything you do that is creative, whether it be painting a room, redecorating it, or adding something to a lampshade makes you creative. Start small, aim big you never know where it will lead you.

So as I continue on this journey I have to take it easy on myself, have patience, perseverance and a little more faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment