Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Silversmith Class


Well, this is my first pendant from my silversmith class. I am pretty proud. It is a great class and I love doing this.

It takes a lot of time, but like anything else, the more I work with it the better and faster I will get. I must say the polishing part took the longest. It was hard for me to detect the fire scale. I am still working on this piece. I have to add the wire up top. Normally a bale will go there, but I decided to use wire because of the bottom pieces of brass, silver and copper. I need to stamp those pieces. I figure I will stamp them with the name of my soy making candles project.......coming soon! :)

The stone needs to be set in the bezel. Once all this is finished and polished to perfection I will post detail pictures........

No comments:

Post a Comment