Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gratitude


I try to be positive and look at the good instead of the negative. I am having a hard time with this. Mainly because I expect instant results!


I know I have to re-condition my brain to think better. I have to undo all the wrong ways of thinking that I got from my Mother and society. Yes, my Mother. She always worried about what others had, what they were doing, what are people going to think, UGH! Yeah, I got my work cut out.
So I came across a little paragraph about writing down the letters of the alphabet, A-Z. For every letter write something that you are grateful for. I think this is a good exercise and am going to do it. Some are silly, But It gets you thinking.


I am a worrier, a what-ifer, and a dweller. I have a lot of reconditioning ahead of me. None of this will have instant results. It is going to be a long journey of dedication and constant reassurance. I just have to keep remembering that.
Here's the List


Abundance

Being from NJ

Couture

Designing

Evenings

Friends

Garage sales

House (mine)

Italian food

Jewelry

Ketchup

Love of family/friends

Moonstruck

Novels

Ocean

Pizza

Quality of Life

Riding with friends on the Harley

Son (my)

Thrifting

Umbrellas

Vintage items

Wine

X

Yellow

Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment