Friday, October 9, 2009

Justice Served

I read the paper from back home online weekly. One day back in October I read an article about a 35 year old girl who was dropping off her son to see his father. Apparently they had an argument prior about child support and I guess she was seeing someone new. This enraged him and he shot her six times in front of their son. Four of the shots were fatal. The trial just started this week and ended with less than a 40 minute deliberation finding him guilty of first degree murder! The defense attorney tried to argue that he shot her in self defense. No one bought that. This guy is known to abuse women and he was living with his common law wife and girlfriend.

I do not know anyone from this story. It touched me because this girl is close to my age and it happened back home. Not to mention this 12 year old boy witness this. I am glad justice was served. I am glad this guy will rot in prison with no chance of parole.

I hope these women who are involved with him wake up and get a sense of self worth, before they become a victim. No one should feel inadequate that they need to put up with any type of abuse. You have to be strong, know what you want out of life and be positive and know you deserve well. When people feel so low about themselves it is very hard to pick your head up. It is easier and less work to sulk and be negative then it is to be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment