Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This and That

I finally finished my scarf I have been working on. This is my first project since I learned crocheting. I will post a pic later. I am going to learn how to do a hat next. I don't wear hats, but whatever. I will make them cute and give them as gifts.

As far as for my jewelry, I finished a bracelet. The beads are white glass beads with black lines inside them. In between the beads I put black and red sea beads. The picture I posted is from a mobile so I will have to get a better one. I am working on matching earrings for it. I am also working on making a necklace with a vintage pendant from my childhood. This pendant is sooooo super fab, I love it! I am so glad I can make something for it so I can wear it. Did I mention it was vintage?? ;)

I am also taking over the newsletter for our beading group. This is a great opportunity for me to learn publisher a little bit better. This also inspired me to get back into web design. I hope this gets me out there a little. So many people inspired me on the web, I'd like to inspire someone and help them find something out about themselves or discover something new by reading my ramblings.

I have been thinking of ways to be creative or how to be more creative. In this searching, I came across a book called The Artist Way. I am now reading that and doing the teachings. I will let ya know how that turns out. So far it is good. I am hard headed, so I may need to read it again LOL.

I feel good and productive. I have a few different things going on at once, so I need to devote certain times to each project so each becomes fulfilling and one project does not get left behind.

Lately in life I have realized that I pay more attention......to life. I know it is this discovery journey I am on. I finally figured out what I want for my creative self. It took me long enough to figure it out. I take time for what is important. I have slip ups, I revert back to my old grumpy, blah ways. We all do. But at least I have a destination now, I know what goals I want to achieve.

Ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment