Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cinema Paradiso



A friend of mine told me about this movie. I am glad he did. This is a great movie about Love and Hope. Italians do it best when it comes to having Love and Passion. It is one of those movies that inspire you.

Giuseppe Tornatore's beautiful 1988 film about a little boy's (Toto) love affair with the movies deservedly won an Oscar for Best Foreign Film and a Special Jury Prize at Cannes. Philippe Noiret plays a grizzled old projectionist who takes pride in his presentation of screen dreams for a town still recovering from World War II. It takes you on a journey of Toto's life as a small boy and as he gets older and comes back to his town.

It has nothing to do with materialistic things. Society gets so consumed with that. It is the simple things in life that matter. My Sicilian cousins know this the best. I see how happy they are with their wonderful homes that are not full of expensive "must have now" things. But they look like a million bucks. That love of life is captured in their decor and that is what makes it so wonderful. I got this impression from the photo's I saw when my cousin went to visit them. I am captured by their auroa.


It is one of those DVD's to have in your collection of movies you can watch over and over.

Ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment