Monday, February 1, 2010

Use your Thrift Store!!

I love thrift stores!!! Luv them! It is amazing what you find.

I love books. I always go and see what kind of books they have at the thrift stores or used books stores. In the past week I found many.

I found:
She Comes undone and I know This Much is True by Wally Lamb for $6 at a used books store. Retails at Barnes and Noble for over $14.
Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar for $1.
The Memory Keeper's daughter $1.98,
Ann Rice The VAmpire Lestat (I am searching for The Witching Hour to add to my collection),
Gardening and Landscaping books (5 of them for about $5) Great deal since I am redoing my back yard this summer!

These are books that I would not spend the money at Barnes and Noble but wouldn't mind reading them either. So I grab them so I have them on my bookshelf. I took up knitting. One day I was browsing around the thrift store and found "Knitting for Dummies" for $1.98!

If you can wait to have a book, I would periodically check your thrift stores. More than likely the book you want will pop up sooner or later and it will save you $$$.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I love to shop Thrift Stores and Goodwill - LOL

    Check my blog http://catyannscreations.blogspot.com and see the award I've given you! :)

    Hugs - Cathy

    ReplyDelete